Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2014, 06:00 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 62 GMC build

Quote:
You know I've seen many a different paint jobs on the 60-66 series, but never saw that one before, its different.
"Different" is a nice way to put it

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I would like it better if it didn't have side trim. I have thought about 2 toning it above the trim but having the white wrap around the hood "nostrils" similar to how it does now. What to do with the paint line where the front of the trim ends and meets the grill opening is the hard part. Originally I wanted to do that because the stripes are bubbling but since the rest of the paint isn't great either I probably won't do anything. Ford has a newer black with lots of flake in it that would look good if I did do it, or maybe gold?

Quote:
On the "getting to $$ deep part", don't think of it like getting too deep. I look at it like a hobby, I don't spend money on other thing (bars/drinking, dating, vacations etc.) if you are not in a rush, you won't miss the money. My paint job is costing me $3500 it has taken 2 years, I've fix and or replaced all the stuff in between, Just my two cents worth.
I completely agree with all of this! I only occasionally drink, don't do drugs, don't gamble(huge problem in these parts),have a paid for house and a decent job= disposable income.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My problem is I have an addiction... a hobby addiction! I have this truck, a 63 Chevy truck, a 63 Nova convertible, a Jeep Wrangler, a Jeep Cherokee project (that belongs to my daughter but the work/expense is all me), two dirt bikes, mountain bikes, and I camp/hike pretty regularly. Time, space, and priority is mostly my problem! Whenever I think about getting carried away on the truck I remind myself that the money would get the Nova one step closer. It is also a better investment...
In time I might get deeper into the truck. It is still used as a tool at the moment.