Thread: Fuel additives
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2017, 06:32 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500
Drewski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fuel additives

I appreciate you all giving me some info on this. Simply put, I'm kind I in the same spot TJ. I have no idea what the previous owner was running as far as fuel in this truck. Before I bought it i was told that the ladies late husband did do a full rebuild on the engine a few years before I bought it. Even that made me nervous as you can never really know how much your average Joe knows about rebuilding an engine. However, I can say that after I broke the engine down, it seems as though he did a really good job and the insides look surprisingly good. That being said, I had been using lead additives since I took ownership, but it was that "unknown" with the previous owner that was a big factor in making me want to rebuild and ease my mind.

I am happy to say that my valve seats still look good, but I might just go for the hardened seats anyway since that could be a good precaution to future wear. If anyone has any suggestions as to the best lead additive that they've used then I'm all ears. Otherwise, I've just been using this stuff since I find it at the oreillys right down the road for cheap. http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/si...0401&ppt=C0126