View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2015, 02:08 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Harley-Davidson of Macon Delivery Truck

Quote:
Hey DAC, Glad that made your day. I have been offline with a dead modem for the past few days. I will keep looking for the 1960 OPP, so I can make my day. I think the 1960 and 1961 GMCs were the only years for the "Comic Book" manuals. They may well be the only comic style books in all of automobilia. I have never heard of such a novel idea for a manual from any other maker. Even among GM brands, there are no other comic type manuals that I am aware of, I mean of which I am aware. Thanks, Greg Mead
I think the whole site was down for a couple days, was sure glad to be able to get back on! I'm going to print that cover and hang it on the wall if it's OK with you! That manual may be completely responsible for my GMC addiction so the marketing of the comic style pamplets had the desired affect for the GMC company!

I have a few 50's GMC dealer brochures that have the hand-drawn artwork and specs for larger trucks(not the comic style) and a 1967 one done in that manner also. I love that artwork too.

Thanks for posting yours too Steve! Amazing literature!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday