View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:42 PM

Vernski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interchangeable Parts for GMC Trucks with other makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andice View Post
Vernski: Same bolt pattern is one thing but fitting properly is a whole different enchilada. The Chevy turn signal switch requires a LOT of Dremel tool work. Even then it is not the best option. Much easier (in the opinion of this '64 GMC owner) to use an earlier Chev truck column if your '64-66 GMC turn signal switch is not usable.
I had a hard time finding one that will work, a 63 chevy cup has the same bolt pattern as the 65 GMC the problem is that the parts places keep sending a signal switch for a 65 chevy, well that won't fit the GMC cup. I just changed the cup off of a 65 chevy and then the switch the parts geek sent fit without any problems on my column, set it on turned it a quarter turn to line up the screw hole to mount it solid and make sure the signal stem was in the correct spot.
That worked on my 65 but it may be different for a 64 I just don't know and that's my story. GMC did some wacky stuff in parts fitment over the years so good luck I used the 65 GMC column it came with, BTW the 63 chevy won't work because the color coed is off also, sorry if I mislead anyone..Vernski