View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2016, 06:15 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Reclaiming my GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
Thank you for the time to respond and the consideration to offer advice and direction.
In doing the swap to a short bed as you and Ed suggested what would you suppose the cost to do so would be? Would you then have to cut and weld the frame to accommodate the new short bed? Or find a short frame to swap? I am not a body man and would have to pay someone to do the work. I seams pretty involved to me. Can you send the link to the bed sides if you have a moment?

Sure would appreciate any leads and referrals you come across on trucks that you feel would fit the bill. Automatic, big back window would be amazing.

Well, thanks for your thoughts,

Fritz
Hey Fritz --

I think finding a short frame is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. And if you can find one, it probably won't be cheap. As you probably know, short bed trucks of the 1960 to 1972 era are much in demand and command premium prices compared to long beds. The aftermarket suppliers are aware of this and are starting to take action.

See https://www.brotherstrucks.com/63-72...tinfo/LTSC372/. Be sure to watch the two videos. Using this kit would be much less work than moving a cab, front end, driveline, and other components from a long frame to a short frame. And you can do it in your own garage, then drive to a welder for finishing touches.

Note that the link above also has links to new short bedsides and short floors. None of this is cheap -- just depends on how bad you want it and what your alternatives are.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435