View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:56 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need advice on a dash, see pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't say it looks "stupid" by a long shot. Your dash looks nice to me. Did you paint that? Or is that that plating they used or some restoration thing?

I will have to test my tach and see if it even works, the volt meter works. Is the arrangement in the dash right as your tach is on the left?

Thanks again.
Well, I think I had my cluster housing chromed incorrectly actually - I think the whole cluster was probably vacuum metalized at the factory, but a satin silver paint used on the face around the guages - only the outer edge was "chrome". So technically mine is not right. I may go back and spray some argent silver over the face to try and make it more correct.
As for guage placement, I have owned and seen a couple dozen dealer added clocks and tachs and so far have yet to ever see a clock done by the GM dealer not on the Right - tachs always seem to be on the left and clocks on the right.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)