View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2024, 11:37 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for information - Buying a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
George, no one is arguing with you. You are a passionate GMC guy and passionate about saving other kinds of vehicles. I am in the "keep it original as possible" camp. I do consider safety, drivability on hiways and reliability of the old trucks I've owned. I always like to keep the exterior and interior original.
This site is all about keeping 60-66 GMC's and their motors pure. It's a site for helping that cause. But this site is in America. We can't score GMC owners/members or judge GMC owners/members or punish them or admonish them. I hope there will never be a list of rules about how pure a GMC has to be. Many posts about carb/manifold mods, brake mods, steering mods, wheels, gauge cluster mods, alternators, trans mods, etc. are discussed from time to time. Motor swaps even. No reason to rant. Your opinion is a popular one here. There are lots of things that have changed in my lifetime. I don't like most of them. But to each his/her/them/they own. I guess. Be assured there are many closet (garage) Chevy V8 members. Maybe some of that goes in "Other Rides and Projects".
You do have a point. Maybe it's just me, but seeing some of the things that I have seen done to vintage classic vehicles just plain irritate the He** out of me. That said, I will now leave well enough alone. Thanks for putting up with my aggravation about the destruction of vintage cars and trucks.

Last edited by George Bongert; March 6th, 2024 at 11:38 AM. Reason: one missing letter in a word