View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Guess what? I got those stupid flywheel bolts out!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Oh yeah!!!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

With help from the club I figured out that A. They are bolts and not welded nuts. and B. They're hard as heck to get out, but they're not reverse threaded or anything stupid. Just glom on and get ta twistin! I twisted with an electric impact. I twisted with an air impact. I twisted my finger.

Nothing worked.

So I sprayed them with PB blaster yesterday then hit them with this concoction (through the transmission hump in the center of the cab) :

First I put a jack under the driver's side of the flywheel to keep it from spinning. I put 2 pumps on it after they met.

Looking through the tranny hump inside you can see where it meets up, kinda.

Then I broke loose all my bolts, but left them in. They were only finger loose so I could take them out by hand. I'm wearing gloves because I didn't have much time (1 1/2 hours) so I didn't want to get too filthy.

Then lower the jack. SqueeeeeeeechhhH!!!!

Then take the bolts out by hand, starting with the lowest bolt first so the top one holds the 900 lb flywheel in. Seriously this thing is heavy and has teeth! Don't drop it on you.

When I took out the last bolt I wiggled it a bit and it fell. I stupidly thought I could catch it with one hand. Instead it hit a 4x4 I had lying under the truck in case it fell to protect the teeth. Look at that gouge!

After that I stuck it in 5 wal-mart sacks to keep my other vehicle clean. It's so heavy I might put a few more bags on it to be safe.

Now it's off to the machine shop! $50.00 is what they want to resurface it and it'll be done in 2 hours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.