View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Flywheels are the only place I recall ever seeing that type of bolt. You've got me wondering... why?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I'm sure someone on here knows!
It's Voodoo! I'm sure of it. hexed bolts!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
And....it might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but can that flywheel go back on any which way or is the bolt pattern offset or notched or something so it goes back on the way it came off for the correct weight balance of the lower end?
I don't remember who, but someone mentioned that they're offset. Way over engineered engine, right? I love that V6.

Thanks Coyote! Hope you and the family are doing well. The rain is great, ain't it?

Quote:
I know this is unrelated but does anybody know if the timing chain for the 305E V6 will fit the 305D GMC V6????
Hi Bozz! Thanks for reading my mess here. I grew up watching Dukes of Hazzard reruns so your screen name always makes me think "Ahhh, Jefferson DAVIS Hawg, at your service!"
Good memories

Fun fact: He was actually really skinny. They used pillows to puff him up!

You might get a better response on your question in the Motors section if no one here knows (I don't for sure). Some guys dont read the build threads so they wont see this one. As the thread-resident monkey with a wrench though I dont think theyre interchangable. Other things are though. The innards changed a little between D and E models. Jolly can prolly tell you more about the changes.

Quote:
Kinda the wrong place for this but Pepsi's a nice guy. I doubt he'll mind...

In would look up the part# and pic for each model somewhere like rock auto and see if they share the same part#.
Great idea! Tommy

Bozz, I just checked Rockauto and they're different numbers. I'd still ask in the engines forum to be sure though. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.