View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2014, 07:19 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Correct GMC vs. Chevy Truck Wheels, 1960-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
Hello, I would like to know the applications of all the variants of the GM 6-Lug Wheels. They are Kelsey Hayes stamped steel disc type. We need good pictures of known original wheels to each of the trucks that used these type wheels, GMC and Chevrolet. Cameo Trucks may have slightly different wheels than standard trucks. Wheel size, year by year may vary. I have what I believe to be factory correct wheels on my 1960 GMC 1002 Custom WideSide pickup. I will post a picture of them also. The literature on the 1960 GMC that I have concerning wheels is also here. Please post similar info from other year models you have. We can get a pool of info that will be a source of good info. on these different wheels. Any insights greatly appreciated, Greg Mead
Following my last post, I must say this black and white image you posted does indeed look like the potters type wheel mounted on those new 60 GMC's on that car carrier - so hard to tell with Black and white images too. Could be the squisher style too depending on how long you stare at it

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)