View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New member with fuel delivery problem

Welcome to the forum, Thomas! That's a great looking truck your grandpa left you! I hope you keep the V6 in it and not swap it for a boring small block Chevy. I'm sure with the help of fellow forum members you'll get your fuel delivery issue sorted out.

When you said your grandpa would not approve of the wheels you installed, I can identify with that comment. I realize I'm probably showing my age (not to mention being a grandpa myself), but I don't care for what I call "rubber band" tires -- those with extremely low profiles. Our 2011 Subaru Forester came with 55 series tires, and I don't even really care for those. I went so far as to install my favorite size for our GMC trucks (235/85-16) on my 2005 Nissan Frontier pickup. I love seeing lots of blackwall showing!

Our son's new Nissan 370Z has P245/40R19 front and P275/35R19 rear tires and I'll have to admit they look pretty good on a sports car like that. But I'll take a good riding tire over a high cornering-capacity tire for our trucks any day.

Having said all that, more power to you! It's your truck and you should do whatever you want with it.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435