View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:59 PM

Truck: 1966 1002
gmccollector is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calling All Two-Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
SuWeet GMCCollector,
Love them Two-Tones. Did the Mesa Tan 1/2 ton truck get different spear up front right, or is the original just flattened out? Also, is the inside of the bed all White and are the fender wells also White, or Black? If you have one, please consider adding a shot of the bed floor area. I had to wing it on paint placement inside the bed, when I painted my truck. You have a nice pair of awesome looking GMC trucks. There cousins look nice too. I got a soft spot for the 60-61 GMC trucks. Thanks for posting them, GM
Why Thank you 1960HDGMC ! That half ton , well the previous owner threw out the old stainless because of a few dings and realized later he wasn't going to find it again ! Then he put the 62-66 style aluminum trim in its place. I've since collected all the correct stainless for the truck. Both Mesa Tan trucks are white interior beds with white inner rear wheel housings all still original paint. Need to check the build location but I believe both are western built trucks. I have one other 1960 that's Mesa Tan and a custom but its not a two tone and its inner bed is body colored with body color inner fenders .Both these trucks have been in storage for at least 10 years and I cant get at them for pictures, sorry. The 3/4 ton will soon have its original wheels and hubcaps back in place also. The Red 66 has the black inner fenders. Thanks, Jon