View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:29 PM

Truck: 1966 1002
gmccollector is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calling All Two-Tones

I was able to confirm 2 out of three 60-61s , one I cant get inside , two have the "C" for Oakland plant. I've researched these a little and it seems Fremont and Oakland had white rear inner fenders. It might explain the white on the top of the gate on these two also. It seems as if Midwest trucks received the black inner fenders. If you look in the 1960 GMC Data book which I'm assuming is more of a Detroit area book , it shows in one of the pages a 1960 without the white paint on the top of the gate. It also states in the painting regulations that the rear inner fenders are to be black. Were there two different Data books or different painting regulation guides ? I'm not one of the theorists that believes in random , I think I will just do it this way today , unless there was a specific reason. Like the recent 1962 GMC 1700 mile truck , it came with a special order color , that I know existed . As for tailgate lettering , has anyone found a factory white lettered gate ? I have several other GMCs and takeoff tailgates , so far all are argent silver paint. Also in the Data book is a small paragraph on "special paint" to fill out a GMC paint chart and submit that with the truck order. The Blue engine comment , I've heard that, but never seen it. Wheels for 1960, I've only seen two styles for 6 lug , all with clips but different center hubs. Interesting stuff for sure and lots to learn !!