View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:27 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1960 4000 series in Oakes North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culver Adams View Post
Hello, GMCNUT and Old Truckers,

One of my more foolish thoughts, ever, is to contemplate driving 1961 GMC to Oakes, ND to pick up and drag home a grain truck for which the better parts are already spoken. That being said, I went on Craigslist ND to see if the thing even has wheels. Naturally, I couldn't find the listing. Do I think I need this kind of challenge? (Not really.) So, if this is going to work, a road ready truck hauling trailer has to appear. This is looking crazy enough for Fetch to write the script and a couple of others to film the documentary. I haven't said no, yet, but will if The Powder Puff can't get enough time off from school to star in the film. I need another (stronger) cup of coffee and a swim in a cold lake (soon, as in quick) to get my few remaining live brain cells focused on reality, such as wiring back-up lights on 1961 GMC. In the meantime, GMCNUT, please consider finding a frack-sand hauling truck to carry this find in an otherwise empty truck back to Red Wing or Winona MN where it can be barged down river to the Gulf and I can start sleeping soundly again.

Regards,

Culver

PS: Does it have an engine?
This was a super nice rust free 2 ton truck w/ good seat, guages, 305A, the Cab itself and all the FREE scrap $$ value to the hauler, so it missing the doors and hood would have been no loss to whomever went and got it since free parts and money is free parts and money. The truck sold right after I talked to the owner anyway, because I couldn't find someone fast enough to assist beyond hiring a hauler to bring it to Alabama, but I had no plans to do that....got too many hulks down here already to get rid of

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)