View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2020, 08:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough
Default New Purchase - 1961 GMC 4000 Farm Truck

Just purchased a 1961 GMC 4000 - has good Iowa title - truck runs and will drive . Has a combo grain box and hoist that works. Has the correct hood in good shape and all glass is good. Body has rust out in usual areas of this series. Brought the truck because it has a nice chrome front grill that I will exchanged it for an extra painted grill I have in storage. Doing this because my 1965 Suburban has the chrome grill and it would be nice to have a spare in case of need. My question is that this truck has the torsion bar front end and wanders a bit - needs work on the drive shaft carrier bearing/u-joints and just plain TLC. Would this truck be worth repairing or should I sell the parts {hood, lights and ect} to be used on another series/year more desirable. I'm open to opinions to keep it complete or offer for parts. Thank You - truck located in NE Iowa.