View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:41 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305D V6 rebuild parts ? buyable ? ? Custom made ? ? ?

Many of us feel your pain!!!
It would be nice if there was a section in this forum, somehow divided by engine size, so that when we found a source, even if they will only custom make, or any parts that will interchange, of the different parts, we can post them there for other members to share the source and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChevy62 View Post
Who is the guy who found Caterpillar Diesel valves that fit their GMC V6? I am in the process of rebuilding my 305 from top to bottom, inside and out, and my intake valves need to be replaced but I can't find them anywhere. I have tried EGGE and Kanter, Ebay, etc. with no luck. The other impossible to find item was the oversize pistons, I had to have them made by Arias Pistons, and they were $1100 for the set(forged 3-ring pistons), including new wrist pins, retainers, and piston rings. I had my cam custom ground to my specs by CompCams, and I found most of the engine parts like bearings, gaskets, timing chain set, oil pump, etc. at NAPA auto parts and Oreilly's. One of the biggest challenges was the main bearings, I found a guy in Louisiana who had a box of NOS bearings, because they don't exist anymore. I also picked up a set of hydraulic lifters for a chevy 235 inline 6, so I can have nice quiet smooth valves. The last piece of the puzzle to complete this engine is a set of intake valves, so if anyone has any, or can point me in the right direction, that would be great!

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.