View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2017, 05:15 PM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Half-n-Half & Lano Wax

So I'm donating my time out in the garage this morning, when I decided to go dig around in this existing dump pit from many many years ago... One of several benefits we inherited when we purchased this acreage approx 20 years ago. The natural rock pit/crevice mostly consist of fire brick, tin of various sorts, glass bottles and pieces of appliances. Oh, and rock. Furthermore, I'm not going to say if I've contributed to this same collection of vintage stash.

Anyway, I was looking for a scrap piece of pipe (which I may or may not have been storing in this same pit for possible future use), when I got distracted and started digging around.

I first found the front half of this truck? Then the back half. Then this '59 Wheat State tag. Upon further investigation it appears the orig color of this vehicle was Yellow, which I found interesting considering the tag is also Yellow... Now I'm not the most intelligent red neck, but I'm pretty sure this tag doesn't belong to this vehicle. I'm certain it would create a major blind spot and be unsafe for other citizens on the road, so I think it's a coincidence.

I was surprised to find that one wheel moves freely; the other one doesn't. It appears there may still be some Lano Wax remains in the bottle, so I will dab a little Lano on there and see if that gets it rolling again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2488.JPG (2.22 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2489.JPG (1.73 MB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2492.JPG (1.96 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2490.JPG (2.11 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)