View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Correct GMC vs. Chevy Truck Wheels, 1960-66

The 58 Wheel in post 12 is dressed wrong. No rings for Suburban Carriers. That pic is misleading.

Also, I have been floating the idea that nubs on GMC's were not for rings because all the prevailing info says no rings on GMC. I have been calling the nubs tooling features. I think we have nubs on squisher and non squisher. Post 5 says GMC has no nubbins, yet we see nubbins on the light blue that we want to call a GMC wheel. This needs to be rectified. Why is the wheel in post 5 called a GMC wheel?
In this type of investigation we need to identify wheel features and not state what they are for yet. Once we all know the different subtleties of wheels of the era, we can try to find old period pics or literature (Chevy and GMC)showing the different features we have described, then decide. It is possible we never will know for sure. It is very hard to prove a certain wheel is for a certain truck because of so many variations, no good factory pics and use of left over stock by factory and various vendors making wheels for factory possibly. We are trying, this is the place to do it. All opinions welcome, all facts worshiped.
If you want me to back off and let this roll, no problem. But here is another: If black trucks had green wheels, lets get some literature. "Little known facts" does not a fact make.
If not, the whole thread will be another collection of old timer opinion, urban legend, what my Dad said and false facts.
The Hub Caps have been done extremely well by Mr. Jolly and Mr. Throckmorton.

Last edited by AZKen; December 14th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.