View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2015, 05:32 PM

Truck: 1965 930 & 1965 K20 & 65 C10 combining into one truck.
quest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C50/C60 frame swap

Quote:
I have a really clean 64 C50 winch truck that my dad bought at a farm sale several decades ago. No title, motor needs overhaul, and has several large cracks in the frame. One crack behind the cab is nearly completely through the frame.
I have an opportunity to get a 82 C60 with a trashed cab at a reasonable price. Any one have any Idea how much difference there are in the frames?
Hi There, If you have access to the newer truck I would just take a few quick measurements to compare to your truck, like center of front axle to the firewall and firewall to the front cab mounts and then distance between cab mounts front/back & side/side just to see how close it is.
Frames can be repaired for sure but I still like the idea of a rust free solid uncracked steel under me.
If you like what you see then you might find the swap easier than expected. I guess it depends on how cheap you can get the newer truck for? good luck and here's another C50 you might like.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?