View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Get a brand new clutch for your 305 V6 for 155.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBray View Post
I am wondering is the V-6 flywheels changed at some point. When I replaced the clutch on my '67 351E, I could not find a new disc that would work. None of the ones I looked at would sit flush on the flywheel. The original clutch disc was absolutely flat on the flywheel side, nothing protruded. At the time, I did NOT look at a Rhinopac 04-528. My solution was to send the original disc out and have it re-lined. Since there are those on this forum that have used the 04-528, I have no other explanation. There must be different flywheels.
I must be as lost as you are on this.
I have had one of every year (1960-1968) and every one I have pulled apart had what looked to be the same flywheel assembly. A flat flywheel with a recess just deep enough for the bolts. Clutch discs were all flat on one side with the spring pack and nose on the other side.
This for 305s and 351s.

Looking at a picture of the Rhinopac 04-528

https://images.whisystems.com/Smartp...AMS/04-528.jpg

It looks to me like there could possibly be a nose piece on the reverse side of this disc, which means it won't fit (the reverse side should be the flywheel side). If the spring pack sticks out at all it should rub on the bolts.

I think someone else had the nose pressed out and then pressed back in on the other side to make their assembly work (I think I read that here).

I've smashed fingers and dropped parts on my toes enough to where I can't say I have ever seen a difference between flywheels.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500