View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2016, 03:11 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Adding AC to 1961 305 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS61 View Post
Thanks a lot Fetchmeapepsi!! Love the name!! Is there a certain alternator I should buy? Could you give a brand or anything else? I sure appreciate your help.
No prob!

Brand won't really matter. If you go into OReilleys and say "Hi, I need a 2 wire GM alternator" they'll know what you're talking about. They may ask you how many amps though. I think mine's 130, but honestly I didn't need that much. I don't run a boom car (I like my neighbors) or anything that draws heavy, it was just the cheapest one they had.

Oh, and you'll probably need a pigtail to connect it to your truck wiring. Ask if they carry the wire that connects to the back of it. It's two prong. There's also a single prong "bolt" wire runs to your battery, but you can mash one of those together from any 16 gauge (IIRC) wire with a set of wire terminals.

Take pics when you get started. it's fun to see where you were and where you are now. If you're really into it, you can start a build thread and go wild

Unless you already have one and I missed it. In which case gimme a link and I'll subscribe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.