View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:06 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

Three days turned into three weeks. My machinist was backed up and he's a perfectionist so he put it on a machine to get it ground down right and blah blah blah. I just dropped off the bolts for the intake so he could bolt it to a machine to bore it out. It should be ready to go in about 2 hours. If so, I'll start putting him back together tomorrow. While I waited I put the entire fuse box (minus the fuses) in a bag of CLR to dissolve some of the corrosion. It worked great. 24 hours later my fusebox was clean and ready to go. I might do this with Cecilia's box when I get around to it.

That solved a lot of my electrical problems. I did have to re-wire the front depth finder, but that's not a big deal.

And that's it for the update. I don't have pics (boo!!) but once the motor's back I hope I can remember how to get it back together. The kids are dying to go fishing.

Final thought: It's funny, I bought this thing that I didn't want to hang out with my father, who decided he didn't want to hang out after all. I ended up enjoying the heck out of it, using it as a project (even if I didn't mean to) with my kids, and giving them some of the most enjoyable memories of their young lives. Life is beautiful, even when it isn't.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.