View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2015, 02:16 PM

Truck: 1965
Sonic65 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disk Brake Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by makindust View Post
Jim, thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the input. I have been contemplating finding a donor truck for this conversion and now I will stop contemplating and start looking.
I bought a fully running/driving 1975 GMC with power steering and power brakes. Dropped the 65's rear end and installed the 75's rear end. Very easy and it got me bigger drums. Dropped my 65's control arms (with brakes) and installed the 75's control arm assembly's (with brakes) right into my 65's frame. Bolts all lined up. I did change the all the bushings, ball joints etc. with Moog parts. I installed the 75's proportioning valve and power brake booster (with new master cylinder) and used all the 75's brakes lines (I bought replacement hoses) and connected everything up. I have not had any issues, although I have not had a panic stop situation. I too decided to go with OEM parts instead of a kit because the EOM parts have a lot of R&D behind them. Not only that, but it was cheaper to buy a whole truck than a kit!