Thread: No spark
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:08 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: No spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS61 View Post
Thanks for responding. I have no spark when I put a spark plug on a plug wire and grounded it to metal. And I did just buy a capacitor and it isn't that. I do have a friend mechanic that is coming by but it's going to be 3 weeks so I was just trying things that I read on the archives. I do have 12 volts at the positive side of the coil and I did find a bad connection on the starter that I fixed. I cleaned all the grounds that I know of. I do have gas going to carb but it won't fire. I do appreciate all of your knowledge on this site. Thanks Guys!!
Well if you are sure about no spark and you have double checked the spark at several plugs, then you have narrowed it down to "spark". That's good.
So...
1. Check pos on coil when cranking, you didn't say.
2. Did you check points gap, you didn't say.
3. You can't dismiss a bad condenser or points just because they are "new"
Those Chinese parts are known to be bad right out of the box. You may have installed wrong or not adjusted points correctly. My guess is points not adjusted.
4. Coil can be bad.
5. Waiting for mechanic is your option. There are further test for mentioned components. Spark is easy to backtrack.
6. Gas check not relevant now, but "gas going to carb" is a different meaning than squirting observed in throat.

Good luck down the road.

Last edited by AZKen; July 10th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.