View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2016, 08:48 PM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
My 305E did Not come with a breather in the valve cover. I put that breather there from my 292 when I converted to a 4 barrel setup so I didn't have to drill in the air cleaner. The stock setup had a hose running from the air cleaner to cap with a hose port on the valve cover.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

305E 49292I

Date stamped on the original manifold is 10-17-67 so probably a 68 like you said.
That date would definitely put it as a 68 built in the fall of 67. The breather tube attached the oil cap was definitely an add on. Someone probably tossed the original setup away. I was fortunate to still buy a new one for the 68 while parts were very plentiful for these engines. I ended up rebuilding the cap by prying off the crimped bottom part and replacing the old steel wool that is used as the filter with new steel wool then having the cap chrome plated to match the valve cover. The pic of the other breather that's black I picked up on ebay several years ago