View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
I thought I had one with the tranny pics but nope.

Its a hard very immovable steel pipe that pokes down the back of the engine. If you crawl under the truck for any reason it will seek out sore spots and poke you in them, usually around the temples and ears. Oh, and it drips oil too so you get a nice coating of facepaint as a bonus.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Its not my favorite feature lol.
---
Hi Fetch and AP,

Attached, from "1960-1966 Chev/GMC Truck Factory Assembly Instruction Manual" is a drawing of crankcase road draft ventilation tube, also called crankcase vent and, among those with first hand experience, facepaint application tube. In drawing, it is labeled "Ventilator Assy." It is shown on the passenger side of a straight six engine. (The drawing does not show the cleverly concealed face-seeking mechanism on the lower end of the vent tube.)

Other versions replaced the open-to-the-road downdraft tube with a positive crankcase vent (pcv) valve and smaller tube to the intake manifold.

Regards and Hope this helps,

Culver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dsc05519-R.jpg (196.4 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)