View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
Thanks Culver. Unfortunately, I do not have a downdraft tube. My setup is just like what is shown on the club page

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here is the location of the item. Unfortunately, not so easy to handle with the engine in the truck. easy to change the filter though if that was all I needed to do right now.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Hi AP,

From your post #44 I followed your link and I figured you might have a crankcase ventilation filter similar to NAPA's FIL 2718. In post #42, Fetch wrote, "...about the fitler though. Mine is road draft ventilation tubed." Then in post # 43, you wrote about that, "Got a pic of that? ...I know you do." And he responded, "I thought I had one with the tranny pics but nope. Its a hard very immovable steel pipe that pokes down the back of the engine..."

Putting 2 and 2 together and not coming up with an answer, I figured you were tired of pouring perfectly good carb cleaner into a black hole and might be looking for a way to scrap modern technology by going back to the good old days. Which, parenthetically, is precisely where I would be. And, like you, I would get out the torch. After I melted most of the crankcase ventilation filter's housing, I would thank the stars for confirming my battle plan i.e. reinvention/adaptation of the road draft vent. Hence the drawing makes perfect sense to me. If your luck with removal of existing is good or better, "Hats off" I say, followed by an apology for the confusion ;=) .

Regards and Good or better luck torching,

Culver