View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:55 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Quote:
Hi AP,

Putting 2 and 2 together and not coming up with an answer, I figured you were tired of pouring perfectly good carb cleaner into a black hole and might be looking for a way to scrap modern technology by going back to the good old days. Which, parenthetically, is precisely where I would be. And, like you, I would get out the torch. After I melted most of the crankcase ventilation filter's housing, I would thank the stars for confirming my battle plan i.e. reinvention/adaptation of the road draft vent. Hence the drawing makes perfect sense to me. If your luck with removal of existing is good or better, "Hats off" I say, followed by an apology for the confusion ;=) .

Regards and Good or better luck torching,

Culver

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

to funny. All info is greatly appreciated!
Yes I have been considering a change to either the older days of the road draft or newer days with tubes going to valve covers, etc., etc. Heck if odd stuff like this keeps up and with parts hard to find, I may have to take on the idea of a whole new modern engine.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

LOL...just a frustrating little bump in the road right now. I thought I would be done with this leaking business and be on to fixing up other issues. Oh well. At least I'm learning as I go!

Fetch - as for my little assistant and namer of truck, well...she saw a spider in the cab and won't go near it now. LOL. I have to "fumigate it" before she will get in it again.