View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM

Truck: '66 GMC C1000
turbohounds is on a distinguished road
Default New 66 GMC ratrod project

Hi, I've been browsing the site for the last few week and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been staring at the 327 block out of my Chevelle and we decided that we needed a truck to put it in, to keep it lubricated and in good shape

I found a '66 short bed fleet side big window GMC in reasonable shape (all of the typical rust holes in the floor, 5 gallons of mud, but otherwise solid). The 351/powerglide will be coming out to get replaced by the 327 V8 with a 700R4 since I couldn't convince my wife to let me use the 4-speed Muncie. I'm hoping to rebuild the factory power steering; power brakes will be replaced with discs up front. All of my money is tied up in my '65 Malibu SS, so we're trying to do this one on the cheap and will probably end up clearing over the rust. All of the mud is making me reconsider where to go.

You can see my Chevelle build at www.hosschevelle.blogspot.com. I'm looking to learn about GMC's because they seem to be a completely different animal. Should be an interesting journey keeping us busy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03684.JPG (4.81 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSC03678.JPG (4.47 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)