View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:54 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: trouble shooting turn signal switch

The signal to flash comes to the TS switch from the flasher. Then sent by the TS switch to the front and rear turn signal bulbs and also the indicator on the dash. Typically they are right= DBL (dark Blue) and Left is LBL (Light Blue). A wire from the dash indicator bulb runs thru the instrument connector to the firewall bulkhead connector and goes to the same pin as the wire(s) that go to front and rear turn bulbs. I would hope you have an accurate schematic/wiring diagram. Glad to hear you have reassessed the smoke issue/heat issue. I recommend you try what I suggest as far as testing/trouble shooting before you rip into all the wiring/switches. I do not think you have a short. Also, I don't know how you are sensing heat from the switch. It is way buried and isolated. Respectfully, Please be sure your info to us is correct and accurate or it will cause me/us to give false info/diagnosis.

Commentary:
Sometimes when we rewire, we follow what a PO did. A PO who did not know what they were doing. This is bad. Sometimes we think we see that they did something wrong and rewire a section to "fix" it. Sometimes the color coding is gone or has been mixed up. Do not go by colors when fixing an old trucks wiring, go by circuit. Wiring must be done very methodically using a good clear diagram. When using a new harness kit, the colors ARE important.

Last edited by AZKen; January 10th, 2017 at 09:55 PM.