View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:34 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default 1960 Harley-Davidson of Macon Delivery Truck

Hey guys, Barry suggested that I start a thread for my truck project. I hope I am doing this right, and at the right place. If someone sees that I am screwing up. please let me know.
This truck is a 1960 GMC 1002 Wideside,1/2 ton pickup truck. Purchased new in 1959 by my friend, Mr. Grover Sasaman. He bought it for a delivery truck for his new business, Harley Davidson Sales of Macon Georgia. I have video of him and his son Greg getting on a DC-3 to fly to Pontiac, Michigan to get the truck. He drove straight to Milwaukee Wisconson, picked up a couple of crated bikes and drove south. He told me there was a foot of snow in the bed.
Mr. Grover loves the sound of a Harley-Davidson. In the late 1960's ,he swapped a 396 Chevy and auto trans, into the truck. It does sound like a Harley. I wish I could find a good 305 V-6 to put back in, one day. The auto tranny would have to remain.
I hope you enjoy looking at my ole truck. And feel free to offer insights, ideas, even criticisms if you have them. It all helps further the craft. Thanks, Greg Mead

That's Mr. Grover Sasaman on the left, Harley the Truck in the middle, yours truly on the right. Out in front of Mr. Grovers Harley -Davidson dealership in Macon, Georgia, in 2013.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harley davidson day 003.jpg (459.7 KB, Multiple views, 38 clicks)

Last edited by 1960HDGMC; November 18th, 2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Forgotr to name picture people.