Thread: Clutch for T5
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:57 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Clutch for T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallgrunert View Post
Hello all

Well NAPA say's they have to sell me both clutch kits one for my 305 and on for the camero. I will use the pressure plate from the 305 kit and the clutch from the camero kit. Another parts house said just get a Camero clutch kit and it will bolt right up they think. I have read on the forum I will need to mill the hub on the Camero disk. If anyone can help I will be forever in their debt.
Most parts places will go straight to the 305 v8 and pretend you miscounted the cylinders. Thus the advice to just buy the one kit.

I know they have sold just the clutch disc in the past, so I don't know why they would insist on selling an entire kit.
I would make sure that when they talk 305 that they are looking at a GMC only 305v6.

I know I bought a disc for my 305, but I also know that the company doesn't produce it anymore (although it is a simple swap of the cone, if you have a press). As for the Camaro disc, no direct personal knowledge so I don't have any idea.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500