Thread: Radiator hose
View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2017, 08:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Radiator hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
With the truck being finished, I was thinking of changing my radiator hose to something less conspicuous. Although I have one that NAPA says is the right one, seems to most folks to stick up too high and the yellow stripe takes away from the picture so to speak.

Can anyone give me a number to what you're using? See picture.
Jake --

I never use flex hoses. I think they're unsightly, and restrict flow. In preparation for my 235 mile drive tomorrow to the West Coast Mini-Meet, I just replaced my thermostat, radiator cap, heater hoses, radiator hoses, and antifreeze. I made the mistake of ordering what was supposed to be the correct upper radiator hose online from Summit. They sent me a Dayco 70440. It was the correct shape and length, but the diameter was too small. So I took my old hose to a local NAPA store, and walked out with a Gates 22892. It turned out to be slightly too large in diameter (made installing it really easy!), but by using expensive T clamps, I was able to get it to seal with no problem. I'm sure cheap worm gear clamps would have stripped out before sealing well enough to avoid leaks. You'd have to trim some off both ends of the 22892 if you go this route. Good luck!
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435