View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2016, 01:37 AM

Truck: 1962 GMC 1000 panel truck
Chuck78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 speed/o.d. swap comparisons - WC/S10 T5 hybrid, NV4500, A833 MY6, Tremec 3550 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk View Post
Hey Chuck,
I've used the Aisin AR5 GM code MA5, it's used in the 4 cylinder Colorado and the 5 cylinder Hummers. Put it behind a GMC using an adapter from Novak. This tranny is very similar to the Jeep AX-15. It's gone into a 65 GMC and they are plentiful and fairly inexpensive. I've attached a few photos of it during setup of my build. Good luck with your build.Attachment 4709

Did this use the exact same adapter plate that the Jeep transmission to GM bellhousing uses? That transmission is nearly the same thing as the ax15, however I thought that every variation of these transmissions have different length input shafts.

Knowing what you did for your swap will increase the odds of finding one of these transmissions quite a bit, as I did not realize the Chevy Colorado Truck Transmissions would be easily adaptable with off-the-shelf parts to our bellhousings. Most of the internals are the same or nearly identical to the ax15, but the tail shaft housing is different I believe. How many splines are the clutch and input shaft?