View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2014, 09:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1949 Ford Tractor

Quote:
Beautiful old tractor! Nice too to have the room for such a project. Keep the posts and pictures coming!!
Nah, I don't own it. It's my father in law's tractor. I do get to play with it when we visit though. He says I might inherit it if I get some land to play with later in life. I'd sure love that

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
You took some great pictures there Fetch! That is a very nice original 8N. And being an old tractor kinda guy, I sure appreciate the nice patina, or as they say in the business: "farm fresh". It appears that all the original parts are there and it still has it's original air cleaner. Real nice utility tractor, and there are still about 16 zillion of those "N" series tractors running around and working every day. Thanks.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks! I kinda think it's beautiful how it is too. It looks like something you can use and enjoy. I'm glad to know theres a lot of other ones too because that means lots of available parts!

Quote:
Hello Fetch, 6066ers, and Tractor Aficionados,

Fetch, concerning readers getting a kick out of your FIL's 8N photos, how can anybody not get a kick of a mid-century machine that converts gasoline to fire and hauls stuff? And, it has tires, with the nicest tread I've seen in a long time on a working tractor. And, I don't see any dings in the grill--what happened to trees and fence posts in Kansas? They, and overwhelming snow drifts, have poked at every tractor's snout in Minnesota. Ford's 3-point hitch connects to more implements than I can count, but I've not seen (until your photo) the five-gallon-bucket-transporter attachment. I have to get to more farm auctions to see if I can find one.

Regards and Thanks for making my day,

Culver Adams
Minneapolis MN
1961 GMC K-1500 (on the road)
1951 John Deere B (on the long road to restoration)
Culver I could read your "yarns" every day and not get bored. You've got a way of paintin a picture! The hitch there is a homemade hauler he put together for moving wood and grandkids. It works great for both, only squeaks with grandkids but I think it's the cargo shifting making the noise

as for the dentless front, isn't that cool? I think it's great that it's still in such good shape. It spent its life on a small hay farm before he got it. Its being babied now just running around on gentle sloping ground. I guess it's in semi-retirement like the old man running it.

Quote:
Nice 8N. As mentioned above it looks like it is in pretty good original condition. Although some like the patina, I could just picture it with fresh new paint in the original colors. A friend of mine restores Tractors. They sure look beautiful when completed. I also attend Antique Farm Tractor Pulls now and then and besides the pulls, it is an automatic Tractor Show as well. They usually park them together, Fords with Fords, John Deere with John Deere, etc.

I had a '46 Ford 2N years ago. One style before the 8N. The 9's were first, then the 2's, then the 8's.

I now have a John Deere (a '59 Model 435).

Bill
That sounds like a fun place to be. Wish I was good at socializing at get-togethers but I always freeze up and never know what to say.

Which was your favorite and why? The 2n, 8n, or the deere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.