View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Door Alignment on 61 GMC Stepside

Assuming it DID close properly with old rubber or no rubber. Assuming rubber is not on wrong. Assuming it's not the wrong rubber. It usually will "flatten" out a bit after awhile. (sun heat and pressure). It may be possible to adjust door in a way to "twist" door and enable latch to squeeze/close door more evenly. Do this adjustment WITHOUT rubber and without latch first. Get door to close evenly with a big rubber gap, then adjust latch, then add rubber back on. I have had that situation and sometimes it's a sprung/twisted door. This is almost impossible to correct. I have stuck a 2 X 4 at the top and pushed in at bottom with hinges semi loose as an effort to correct. Don't recommend that, just info/food for thought.
I would drive it a month or two before doing anything to see if it changes. Park in sun. Can you push it in flush by hand? You may have door adjusted so that it's too tight in upper front and too loose in lower rear. "tilted". Can't see from your photo. Look at the rubber all around and see if it's smashed/dented in some places.

Last edited by AZKen; July 28th, 2015 at 09:04 PM.