View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:54 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Southeast Mini-Meet

Hey Rusty,
I just saw this. I have played music around central Georgia all my life. I have been to all the festivals around here. Barnesville used to have the Buggy Days Festival. It was a nice event in a nice town. The only real negative to choosing Barnesville as a meeting site is the fact that it is quite a ways from the Interstate. I can get there the back way at night and never get lost. But I am thinking of folks from other areas.
The local Macon Cruisers car club hosts an informal car show/cruise in, every first Saturday of the month. It is literally right on the Interstate, at The Big Peach Outlet Mall. A clueless traveler could not miss it. There is a freakishly large Big Peach, on a 100 foot pole, that you can see for miles. It is the most centrally located place I could think of to have such a meeting. You can see the interstate from the car area. It is right up against the fence that separates the interstate. It is near the geographical center of Georgia, at the Byron exit, on Interstate I-75 .
If you were to have the meeting at The Big Peach, you could choose to have the meeting co-inside with the Annual Macon Cherry Blossom Festival, the ladies would have the chance to shop there brains out, and see the beautiful Cherry Trees. There are two weeks of cultural events and stuff for every taste. It would also provide some great backdrops for pictures of the old trucks. Being a local, I know where all the best spots are. Macon Georgia has some of the most beautiful antebellum scenery in the South. And Cherry blossom time is the peak of the entire year.
I would be tickled to have the meeting in my own backyard as it were. Either place will be fine with me. I will try to attend wherever you land. If I can help answer any questions, I will be glad to do so. Thanks, Greg Mead