View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:02 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Southeast Mini-Meet

Hey AP, I worked at Robins at 645 about ten years ago. I understand the dilemma of the old trucks. If mechanically perfect, they all suck gas. I wonder if the out west folks might be planning to trailer there trucks. I would not want to do the math on gas, even at 2.50 a gallon. Scary. I have the utmost respect for anyone traveling cross country in an old vehicle. Takes guts and gas. I would love to see some more GMC steel around here. The Chevy trucks dominate this area. I have the only 1960 66 GMC that I know of in this area. If they are around, I never see them and they do not make it out to The Big Peach monthly cruise in. Hope it is where you can come, even if its in another vehicle. Here is a picture of Cherry Street, Macon, Georgia, circa 1955. I ate hotdogs with The Allman Brothers in the pool hall, with my dad, as a kid. The S&S is still awesome, though they moved. Little Richard washed dishes and invented rock n roll, all up and down Cherry Street in the early 1950's. Check the old Harley. I believe it is a 1936 Knuclehead Harley. Likely sold new sround the corner on Second Street, at the Walker Harley Shop which was bought by Mr. Grover, in 1957 and renamed Macon Harley Sales. That's where my truck used to work. Later, Greg Mead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Macon.JPG (158.3 KB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)