View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2017, 11:50 AM

Truck: 1965 SWB Fleetside
jturk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sometimes I miss the land of the free

Well, I've read your link and just thought I'd post my opinion of it. I had a very similar situation with my old man while I was growing up except it was reversed. The further left he went the further right I went. Basically I did it to really tick him off. Since I was a kid I've mellowed on my opinions quite a bit and now consider myself a middle of the road moderate. I find that both parties have some good ideas, but they refuse to work together to advance those positives and simply trash each other.
However when it came to this election I didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton, I went the third party route. Did this because I thought Trump was an idiot and Clinton was a liar and definitely not trust worthy.
My final take on this election is that once Trump was elected I believe that the office of President needs to be respected no matter who holds it, after all I really despised Obama but respected the office. Trump was legally elected and is now my president no matter my feelings towards the man, therefore I will give the man a chance to do what's right for the country. If he is really bad I'll look towards 2020. This is just my .02 cents.