View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2015, 03:56 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Off topic stuff...Obamacare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andice View Post
Family of five with BCBS of Texas is $900/mo with vision, $10-20 copays, realistic deductibles, 80% coinsurance, dental. Don't like it but I'm glad I have it.
Been with same insurance for years. See no effects of ACA so far.
You must make way more $$ than me If we (family of 6) had to pay $900/month I'd take the penalty instead or we'd have to move to a smaller (under 1000 sq ft) house. Crunch! Glad you're unchanged though. I wish we were in the same boat. We're using BCBS too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Mine went from just under 400 monthly for BCBS family coverage to almost 700 monthly with higher deductables so I have strong feelings about Obama and the state of our government as a whole and I am burying my head in the truck hobby instead of watching Fox news and getting more angry - best to just forget about it and go on I think - that is what the government wants you to do
Tell me about it. I'm about ready to move to Fetch Island somewhere in the pacific so I can make my own rules. This healthcare crap is just crazy anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmunn View Post

My daughters who are trying to make ends meet in the private sector have had similar health insurance coverage experiences to what you describe.

I have been more fortunate because public health insurance coverage was not (yet) affected by Obamacare, and I am now required to be in Medicare.

In California, what is going on looks like a shell game where payments for many indigent (meaning services for those unable or not needing to pay) medical services are now extracted before, to provide insurance subsidies, rather than after, in the form of inflated bills. The inflated bills, however, don't seem to have gone away. So it seems that money is being transferred from those paying for insurance and from taxpayers to the health care insurance and services systems. And I recall hearing that Obamacare is not really supposed to work in the long run so that we can, for better or worse and perhaps both, move on to Canadian style socialized medicine.

JRMunn
You might be right. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'd be happy if they just said "You want coverage? No? Ok. Move along." like it used to be. Some years we need insurance, others we dont. Back then I didn't have to spend 4-6 hours on HC dot gov trying to figure out how much it's gonna cost me and answering questions like "Is your 3 yr old married? Does she have a job?"

Come on, Supreme Court....My finances and sanity are begging for release.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.