View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2014, 05:11 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Ok first thing I did was remove the springs at the top so I could pull the shoes out of the way, no need to remove tham as there is plenty of brake lining left. then I loosened the brake line, it does not have a swivel fitting so I pulled the two bolts that hold the cylinder to the backing plate and spun if off the line.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Only one side of one cylinder on the front was leaking, but mite as well do both as you have to just about remove them to check them.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Install the new cylinder by spinning it onto the line then bolt in place.

reinstall the brake shoes,

and the springs on the top. next thing to do is install the brake drum, I started to bleed the system with one side still off and this is what happens, besides you can't get it to built up as you will blow of the pistons and end up with a major leak.....Doh!!!

Jumping ahaed is not a good thing, so I had to remove the cylinder, put it back together and reinstall, then I installed the drum and did the bleeding of the brakes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.