View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:00 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Half-n-Half & Lano Wax

Yes, I've been to the Twisted Oz Museum. Kelly is a great guy... We purchased our vacant land south of Augusta in the late '90s. A year later, Kelly opened a rental place on the south end of town. Talk about perfect timing! Plus, he's open seven days a week. I hate to think how much I spent on rental equipment, but hey, good for Kelly and convenient for me.

His museum is awesome. So many vintage bikes and such a great job with the design of multiple building facades throughout the museum.

Kelly has been good for Augusta.

In ref to the museum in Marquette, my wife and I rode our two wheeler up there ten(ish) years ago and the guy that owned the place was called "Stan the Man", who had dozens of trophies, if not a hundred or more. Anyway, him and I hooked up shortly after we walked in. He walked with me and told me about every single bike in there. Very impressive... Two hours later I made it back to the front door, left a nice donation, then I was looking for my wife. She was outside asleep on the park bench along main street. I guess the time got away from me.

That was such a great day that I was able to spend so much time with Stan one on one. Sadly, about six months later I read he passed away. Of course, that only reinforced the appreciation I felt for the amount of the time I was able to spend with him. I never went back, as I could never top that special visit.