View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:09 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500
Strud is on a distinguished road
Default Re: dana 60 full floater rear axle

I am now having problems finding the correct brake hardware kit. I was able to get the spring kit but when I got the adjuster kit, the primary adjusting lever was wrong and the star adjuster was wrong. has anyone had success in finding the hardware kits?

I did already look at the known good parts list and you don't list any hardware kits.

and I do know what a full floater axle is. I was only questioning the size of the shoes/drums and if it was correct.

My local source was able to turn my drums and reline the shoes. the wheel cylinders were an exact fit. I was able to get the rear parking brake cables from LMC trucks. They were correct. I tried brother truck parts and jim carter truck parts on the cables and they both were wrong. All I have left to find is the correct adjuster kits. the new inner and outer bearings were correct also. although it helps having the old bearing/race/seal numbers to go by. Hardware kits not so fortunate.

If anyone has any info on the adjuster part numbers, I would be most grateful.

Once I have everything I will post a list of all of the part #'s & mfg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1966 GMC 1500 305E V-6
02 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
Esko, MN