6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Closed Thread

Old February 6th, 2017, 08:58 PM

Truck: 63 3/4 ton pickup
Sam Russell is on a distinguished road
Default Return line on sending unit?????

I have a 63 3/4 ton pickup. When I got the truck the bellhousing and motor mounts were changed out to fit a v8, so please no roasting from the purist v6 guys. So I rebuilt a sbc 283 and put in it, runs like a top, but I want to upgrade from the carburetor to gm tbi for better reliability and performance. The only problem is that I would need a return line back to the fuel. I just replaced the in cab tank two years ago along with the sending unit but its only got one line coming out of it. So here is the real point of this thread, Has anyone ever seen a sending unit with a return line hook up?
Old February 6th, 2017, 09:17 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Return line on sending unit?????

I can't help, but here's a place you may have better luck with.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php

Fuel and Throttle body injection mods are super common there. Not so much here as many of us still run v6's and they are carbed. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:16 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Kind of silly to send a member somewhere else. A competing website. If you don't know an answer maybe some of the experts here do. Some of them are older than 17 and have had many other vehicles. Chevys with V8's, carbs, TBI, EFI and have ideas to help a new member. We need to welcome all questions and members. We would like to retain members here on the site. At least for a while to see if any experienced members have input. You sent him away 19 minutes after he asked a question.

Sam, you probably know that it takes some effort, money and parts: ECU, harness, sensors, pumps and etc. to do this just for ??. A carb will serve you just fine. But of course, it's your truck. You can add a tube thru the sender flange by solder, tig, braze.... if you have a way to do that. That's the DIY safe way. I would not suggest anything that takes welding to your tank. You can buy a new tank, sell your other tank and then weld a return into your new tank. If not, then there is the donor method or expensive TBI kits. I am not an expert on Throttle Body but at least trying to offer help here. Others may chime in who have done the swap on a motor.

Last edited by AZKen; February 7th, 2017 at 03:25 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Kind of silly to send a member somewhere else. A competing website. If you don't know an answer maybe some of the experts here do. Some of them are older than 17 and have had many other vehicles. Chevys with V8's, carbs, TBI, EFI and have ideas to help a new member. We need to welcome all questions and members. We would like to retain members here on the site. At least for a while to see if any experienced members have input. You sent him away 19 minutes after he asked a question.

Sam, you probably know that it takes a whole lot of effort, ECU, harness, sensors, pumps and etc. to do this just for ??. A carb will serve you just fine. But of course, it's your truck. You can add a tube thru the sender flange by solder, tig, braze.... if you have a way to do that. That's the DIY way, then there are expensive TBI kits and so on.
People are sent here from that site all the time. lol So, I presented that sight to Him as an option to look for more info. Basically because small blocks and fuel injection are much more common. He doesn't have to rely on ONE forum for info you know. He's got a GMC with a small block chevy....this site is geared towards the v6's. At the 67-72 site they are geared for small blocks and LS swaps galore so return lines and those types of mods are super common. Please show me where I am wrong? I also don't see where age has anything to do with it. lol The Chevy forum is NOT a competing website and nor do they try to be. We send people from there over to here and advertise this sight all the time. Did you see anywhere where I was SENDING him over there? Nope, just presented it saying that those swaps are way more common on that site. I'm apart of both forums....Don't see why he can't be either.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TJ's GMC; February 7th, 2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:40 AM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Sam, I am amazed at how many articles there are about converting TBI to carb. Go figure.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Sam, I am amazed at how many articles there are about converting carb to TBI. Go figure.
Fixed it for you. Op is asking how to convert from carb to fuel injection....not the other way around. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420

Last edited by TJ's GMC; February 7th, 2017 at 02:49 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by AZKen View Post (actually changed my post/my words without my permission, reposted in violation of ethics and is not what I said)
Sam, I am amazed at how many articles there are about converting carb to TBI. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Fixed it for you. Op is asking how to convert from carb to fuel injection....not the other way around. lol
Sam, just in case some idiot tries to change my posts again, I meant what I said. Please don't think we are all like this kid. We are here to help. Please ignore this fool. He may be banned again, for good I hope.

Last edited by AZKen; February 7th, 2017 at 03:01 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:

Sam, just in case some idiot tries to change my posts again, I meant what I said.
Yer making me laugh now, yer original post isn't changed, I quoted it and "fixed" it, still there bright as day. lol
If yer gonna call me an idiot...then just say it straight out. Been called worse. haha

Hey, yer the one that started it all....if you had just posted a simple reply of help to the OP then all would be fine. But as usual you have to try and start arguments......therefore who Really sent the member away????

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420

Old February 7th, 2017, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's GMC View Post
Yer making me laugh now, yer original post isn't changed, I quoted it and "fixed" it, still there bright as day. lol
If yer gonna call me an idiot...then just say it straight out. Been called worse. haha

Hey, yer the one that started it all....if you had just posted a simple reply of help to the OP then all would be fine. But as usual you have to try and start arguments......therefore who Really sent the member away????
Saved for Moderator to see. This is what perspective members will see. Very sad and dangerous.

Sam; PM me I have some great TBI info for you but can't communicate due to problems with my posts being re-worded by a trouble maker, which causes confusion.
I wanted to point out how many folks want to go from TBI to a carburetor so you could see the irony. (that's what "go figure" means). Not trying to keep you from doing it just mentioning the facts.

Last edited by AZKen; February 7th, 2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:37 AM

The search function here in 6066GMCClub revealed these discussions.
There were several more. Looks like members have done it to the V6's and to V8's.
Go to main search and type in TBI and scroll thru all the pages.

http://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=tbi

http://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=tbi
Closed Thread