6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old January 20th, 2017, 12:40 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Sometimes I miss the land of the free

For any of y'all that have suffered through my long-winded dithering in the past, you'll know that I've found myself in the 'land down under.'

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot that I love about it. But, every now and then I stumble upon something that makes my eyes roll back farther than what they were built for.

It's a bit of a nanny state over here y'all.

I reckon the following pretty much sums up my latest reason for missing grits and Kool-Aid (don't judge LOL).

Side note, there's some language in the following rant of mine. Just in case the kids are around.

BTW, because of the language filtering, I can't link to the page directly.... the post you're looking for though is "AKA James Ward is an idiot" LOL

I come from the land down under

Last edited by Jmclendon; January 20th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 11:50 AM

Truck: 1965 SWB Fleetside
jturk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sometimes I miss the land of the free

Well, I've read your link and just thought I'd post my opinion of it. I had a very similar situation with my old man while I was growing up except it was reversed. The further left he went the further right I went. Basically I did it to really tick him off. Since I was a kid I've mellowed on my opinions quite a bit and now consider myself a middle of the road moderate. I find that both parties have some good ideas, but they refuse to work together to advance those positives and simply trash each other.
However when it came to this election I didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton, I went the third party route. Did this because I thought Trump was an idiot and Clinton was a liar and definitely not trust worthy.
My final take on this election is that once Trump was elected I believe that the office of President needs to be respected no matter who holds it, after all I really despised Obama but respected the office. Trump was legally elected and is now my president no matter my feelings towards the man, therefore I will give the man a chance to do what's right for the country. If he is really bad I'll look towards 2020. This is just my .02 cents.