6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
15 degrees this morning... The welding helmet keeps fogging up. So I am taking a break. I got your info yesterday. Today or tomorrow I will get Cecilia's Christmas present off to you. You know the ladies all like things that sparkle. Barry
Now I'm even more curious! It's a bunch of weld beads so I can study a master, isn't it?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road

No. Its just something from my family to yours. It's a little payment forward in life. Plus I think you have the best thread out there. Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 071.JPG (3.49 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
No. Its just something from my family to yours. It's a little payment forward in life. Plus I think you have the best thread out there. Barry
Thanks Barry! You have a great lookin bunch of helpers there too!

If I still had birthdays it would be arriving on mine. Powder puff is looking forward to it too. She has a bet going that it's something made from chocolate

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I'll keep an eye out. BTW, today it's 25 outside and sleeting like a mad dog. BRRR! I need to get that splitter finished ASAP!

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:35 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

A little truck update: tomorrow a storm blows through that is supposed to drop 2 inches of sleet and up to 8 inches of snow on us. Cecilia is parked outside now so I can park in my garage again and stay warm. To be outside means she'll get wet in the cab again when it rains or gets snowy. Why?

Well theres a hole somewhere that's leaking water into the cab. I haven't found it yet but it runs down the drivers side by the fuse box and into the transmission hump. it has left a nasty amount of pitting in the past so this winter I thought I'd put a stop to it for less than 4.00

Meet Cling-Wrap, the new 300 ft truck coating for those of us with small budgets and little imagination! It comes with this handy redheaded applicator too! What a bargain!

When its done you can put it on a shelf at Wal Mart or use it as a slip and slide!

With any luck it'll also keep the water out. If not I'll know it's coming from someplace else. where I have no clue!

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; December 4th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road

It's probably the windshield seal. Get your self some liquid butyl sealant and try to get it under the seal. Or you can use some windshield adhesive. The stuff you use to set modern glass and get it into any cracks or pulled away spots on the seal. The second spot that may be giving you trouble is the drip rail seam that goes around the top of the cab. If it looks bad, grind out the rust and old sealant and get som DuPont seam sealant and lay a bead around the seam. Barry
Old December 4th, 2013, 02:07 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
It's probably the windshield seal. Get your self some liquid butyl sealant and try to get it under the seal. Or you can use some windshield adhesive. The stuff you use to set modern glass and get it into any cracks or pulled away spots on the seal. The second spot that may be giving you trouble is the drip rail seam that goes around the top of the cab. If it looks bad, grind out the rust and old sealant and get som DuPont seam sealant and lay a bead around the seam. Barry
My windshield seal is like concrete. is it supposed to be like that?

Old December 5th, 2013, 03:07 AM
GMC Advisor

Truck: 1961 Short Fenderside
WDShaffer is on a distinguished road

At 25 degrees, water is like concrete too. harbor freight sells plastic tarps pretty cheap, and it can double as a sun shade/spatter guard in the good weather.
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
I'll order some liquid butyl sealant and see how that goes. I've got seam sealing on my list of repairs in spring

Quote:
At 25 degrees, water is like concrete too. harbor freight sells plastic tarps pretty cheap, and it can double as a sun shade/spatter guard in the good weather.
LOL! That's true. My glass rubber is hard all the time though. It's like a black rock in summer or winter. I wonder if it's original to the truck and just crazy degraded?

I worry I'm going to crack the glass when I try to chisel it off.

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
GMC Advisor

Truck: 1961 Short Fenderside
WDShaffer is on a distinguished road

When using a knife to cut the seal, be very careful with the point of the knife, if it snags the edge of the glass it could crack.
If you have never removed a glued-in window:
1) use a fine braided wire like a guitar string or piano wire
2) always apply force parallel to the glass edge, as any small bending or pressure force on the edge will quickly break the window
3) use a gentle sawing motion with the force applied towards the metal frame
4) take your time if you want to save the glass.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:13 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Quote:
When using a knife to cut the seal, be very careful with the point of the knife, if it snags the edge of the glass it could crack.
If you have never removed a glued-in window:
1) use a fine braided wire like a guitar string or piano wire
2) always apply force parallel to the glass edge, as any small bending or pressure force on the edge will quickly break the window
3) use a gentle sawing motion with the force applied towards the metal frame
4) take your time if you want to save the glass.
I can't imagine a knife would cut this seal unless there's a power blade on it. I'm serious about how hard it is. It's like a rock. from the description there I guess this isnt normal. I dont want to break the glass of course but maybe I can take a propane torch to it or something and get it more pliable?
Just thinkin out loud