6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old December 7th, 2017, 04:33 PM

Truck: 63 gmc short fleet
apedoc is on a distinguished road
Default Another new guy to the forum

Hey Guys. I joined two years ago but could not work on the truck till now. I built a cool garage with a two post lift and I'm starting to work on it. A lot easier when you have room. Its a 63 short bed fleet. It was original and I'm the third owner, BUT, the guy I bought it from took it apart, said he had all the stuff but then he could not find it. Or course I would have preferred to disassemble myself so I know where things go.. I'm afraid I'm going to need some help with what goes where and buying parts. For instance, where do I put the cross member that held the parking brake stuff. Its now a single driveshaft. I putting a 350 with a TH 350 on it as the former owner got rid of the 6 and trans... Darn it.. Had them laying around. Not going to be a show truck just a good driver as its condition is good...(California Truck)..Some rust in the usual places. Body is straight, Just surface rust.
I'm missing things like the upper rad support, hood latch, stuff like that. little body parts. He had already put 4wheel discs, lowered it, and sway bars. never ran after he did this.. I have a manual as well if that helps
Thx and THx DAN