6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old June 27th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Well, wifey must be growing to accept this new hobby. She brought me a couple of toys from the flea market:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The spray gun is a Port Cable PSH1. I guess it is an older gun as info on the internet is a little hard to come by. Should be fun practicing on stuff though...after I do some learning on how to use it.

However, the gun states it is rated at 8.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI where as my compressor is only 6.5 SCFM at 40 PSI. Add another upgrade to my to do list.

Online Ad:
Porter Cable PSH1 Gravity Feed Spray Gun:
Latest high-volume, low-pressure technology for high output and low overspray
1.5mm nozzle combination
Adjustable fluid and spray controls for precise operation
Lightweight, durable die-cast alloy gun body
Stainless steel fluid inlet and needle;
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:54 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Nice prize! I got one too from Eastwood that I'm dying to try out. Interested in seeing the practice shots so I can follow along when I get to that point

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road

Your compressor will run that fine. It will just need to catch up every few mins.
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Banned

Man o man you guys are up late.
Old June 27th, 2014, 06:14 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I gotta pick up the Redhead from work in like 5 mins. Teens and jobs. Why can't they ever pick something that ends at 5pm like reg'lar folks?

Sorry Aphaynes

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 27th, 2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Nice prize! I got one too from Eastwood that I'm dying to try out. Interested in seeing the practice shots so I can follow along when I get to that point

Ha Ha...considering I don't know zip about using one of these things, it ought to be interesting. I did watch some YouTube videos last night, so I guess that makes me an expert!

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Your compressor will run that fine. It will just need to catch up every few mins.
Good to know.

Guess I'll find out when I find some cardboard or scrap metal to practice on.

Ha! I crashed hard right after that picture post

Had been under the house fixing pipes.
Old June 27th, 2014, 10:43 PM
GMC Advisor

Truck: 1961 Short Fenderside
WDShaffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, wifey must be growing to accept this new hobby. She brought me a couple of toys from the flea market

The spray gun is a Port Cable PSH1. I guess it is an older gun as info on the internet is a little hard to come by. Should be fun practicing on stuff though...after I do some learning on how to use it.
However, the gun states it is rated at 8.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI where as my compressor is only 6.5 SCFM at 40 PSI. Add another upgrade to my to do list.

Online Ad:
Porter Cable PSH1 Gravity Feed Spray Gun:
Latest high-volume, low-pressure technology for high output and low overspray
1.5mm nozzle combination
Adjustable fluid and spray controls for precise operation
Lightweight, durable die-cast alloy gun body
Stainless steel fluid inlet and needle;
I have a square sander just like that...actually wore out the first, and on my second.

It looks like a pressure regulator is attached. You want that and not a "cheater valve" (like a globe valve). Practice with primer on a fender. Acetone is cheap and cleans up the paint gun real good when finished. Your air compressor will keep up with one panel at a time. Then you can use your sanders--keep em flat and moving steady back and forth.
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:29 AM

Well, budget is tight right now, so not much has been happening since I got the grill back together and headlight wiring complete...

...so this afternoon I was staring at a pile of left over lumber in the corner of the garage wondering what I'll use it for. Then I walked out to Rusti (my daughters name for the truck) and it hit me...

...it will be a long time before I have $$$ for a tailgate, with all the other stuff I need to do to Rusti. For the short term, why not just make one?!?

Surely a truck that is supposed to have a wood bed can handle a wood tailgate...at least for a little while.

So this is the start of it. Nothing is attached to anything at this point. Just cutting pieces to see what I like the look of.

This particular layout is a mix of 2x4's and 1x8's. We'll have to see how this evolves.

Speaking of evolving...or devolving...is that a word??? I had a big chunk of bondo come off my driver door today. Geez. Not sure how long it has been on there, but it revealed a nice crease in the door skin that someone tried to just fill in. I think Rusti is crying out for help. To bad she didn't find a better equipped urgent care facility to call home.

Last edited by aphaynes; July 14th, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old July 14th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Banned

You have a cool truck . Just chisel a way. Little by little. Barry.