6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old September 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM

Truck: 1965 SWB Fleetside
jturk is on a distinguished road
Default 65 Build

Hey everyone I am new to the forum and I am working on a 1965 GMC SWB fleetside. I've been working on ity for quite a while and am now pushing forward. I.ve got some pictures but haven't figued out how to attach them yet. Will do so once I figure it out. Look forward to comments and any help. Thanks.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 65 Build

Look forward to seeing it. I don't see too many short bed GMCs for some reason...
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM

I think I've figured out to add some pictures, so lets see how this works.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:59 AM

Hey Guys,
Have been working on the cab replacing the outer floors and rocker panels, also put some patch panels in the front fenders. I've never done much body work so the progress is slow and a real learning curve. I'm lucky that my brother ran his own body shop for years, so he's helped with a ton of questions. Here's a few pictures of the rocker panel and floor repairs. Later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0260.jpg (1.42 MB, Multiple views, 34 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (1.78 MB, Multiple views, 35 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0020.jpg (1.64 MB, Multiple views, 40 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0052.JPG (1.78 MB, Multiple views, 40 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.JPG (1.88 MB, Multiple views, 38 clicks)
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:12 AM

here's some shots of the truck with the cab and fenders installed. Also the front is lowered 4 inches and the rear 6 inches, has front disc brakes, power steering, 3.73 gears with a posi in the stock Dana 44. Currently working on getting a fuel tank to install in the rear. Will update when things progress a little further.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0257.JPG (1.65 MB, Multiple views, 22 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0258.JPG (1.70 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0041.JPG (2.21 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0042.JPG (1.69 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0043.JPG (1.84 MB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
here's some shots of the truck with the cab and fenders installed. Also the front is lowered 4 inches and the rear 6 inches, has front disc brakes, power steering, 3.73 gears with a posi in the stock Dana 44. Currently working on getting a fuel tank to install in the rear. Will update when things progress a little further.
Great looking truck! Subscribed to your thread

I envy that PS and 3.73

The rocker panel job, how tough was that? Did it take days or just a few hours?

Cant wait to see the next pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM

FetchMeAPepsi,
Appreciate your kudos on the truck. I had some serious medical problems a while back, but I am really good now. This caused a major delay in the rebuild, but now I've started again and am having a ball working on it. As far as the rocker replacement it took me about 3 days per side, but remember I'm a real novice at body repair and am still learning big time!!
Old December 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM

Hey Guys,
Latest update on build. I've just got a tranny for the truck. I'm going standard so I got a 2009 Colorado Aisin AR5 - 5 speed. Since I'm going either stock 327 or a 4200 I6 this tranny should work really well. See photos of tranny.

Old December 7th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Hey Guys'
Since it's bad weather here I have been working on the dash for the truck in the basement. I can't decide wether to refinish the original or to redo a bad one I have with some auto meter gauges. Here's some pictures of my dash before and after cleaning, but not redone. Also here's some shots of the autometer units I'm thinking of using. Which way would you guys go? Just can't decide.

Old December 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hey Guys,
Latest update on build. I've just got a tranny for the truck. I'm going standard so I got a 2009 Colorado Aisin AR5 - 5 speed. Since I'm going either stock 327 or a 4200 I6 this tranny should work really well. See photos of tranny.
hm. Shifter looks far enough back to come up somewhere in the middle of a bench seat, or somewhere between a set of buckets. Could be a little too far back to be useful.
mailto:

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500