6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM

Truck: 63 Fleetside
Kev UK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats up with gas prices lately?

You guys should complain.

Come over here to the UK and Europe, where I'm paying £1.40 sterling per LITRE!

For those of you who can't do the math on this, it works out at near enough eight dollars per US gallon. Now you know why most of us run diesels over here.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC Suburban
Corts60 is on a distinguished road

Ouch Kev! Yeah, I wish we ran more diesels over here. It just makes the most sense. 30% more efficiency alone should be enough reason. I own three vehicles and two are diesel. My 35 year old full size Chevy truck gets 23 Mpg or 10 liters/100k to you.

Suburban build thread on 67-72chevytrucks site:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:34 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Hello all!

It's been a little while since I've chimed in here, so here comes my two cents worth. What's up with these high gas prices? As far as I'm concerned, they've gotten way out of hand. No reason why gasoline should be more than $1.75 a gallon at the most. Consider yourself lucky at $3.50 a gallon, if you can get it for that. In my neck of the woods, regular unleaded is at $3.76 a gallon, and up, depending on which city in Wisconsin you are visiting, and from what I've been reading in this forum, "Yes We Can" thank the current presidential administration and his EPA for these outrageous gas prices! And yes, these high gas prices will kill the tourism industry, as well as the economy! I don't do any more driving than I absolutely have to. Being on a fixed income, I simply can't afford it, and I'm wondering how those with a family to support, and all sort of other payments to make can afford it either.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah its rough having a family of 6 and paying twice what i used to for gas. my oldest will be driving soon too so theres somthing to look forward to.

Gonna put that off as long as I can.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:38 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Hello there Fetch Me A Pepsi!

I gather your oldest child will soon be able to drive. Uh-yeah. I've been down that road as well, four times to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being young, and getting your drivers license, I was there once myself. And back when I started driving, leaded regular gas was 28 cents a gallon, premium (Ethyl) was 30 cents a gallon. Of course, you weren't paid as much back then either, but your dollar seemed to go a lot further back then than it does today. I don't envy you your position of having to not only purchase gas for your youth to be able to drive, but the fact that auto insurance rates for a youthful driver are also expensive. But then, I'm probably not telling you something that you don't already know. It's just a shame that everything is so dog gone high priced these days, and it keeps getting worse instead of better!
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM

Truck: 63 Fleetside
Kev UK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
O My 35 year old full size Chevy truck gets 23 Mpg or 10 liters/100k to you.

Here's an oddity Corts. Despite the fact that us Brits buy our gas in litres, we still work our gas mileage in miles per gallon..... IMPERIAL gallons that is not those short measures you guys use!

Those darn Eurocrats keep trying to send us metric but we're having none of it!

Our gallon is about 20% larger... one of the few occasions when we have something bigger than you guys!

One other thing. I know from visiting my sister in Ottawa that the price of gas varies according to what day of the week it is; I presume it's the same in the USA. That don't tend to happen over here although I wouldn't put it past some of the supermarket chains if they thought that they'd get away with it.